Immersion and connection for Spanish healthtech startups
into the Asia-Pacific region.
Desafia Singapore Immersion Programme
1 WEEK VIRTUAL WORKSHOP
Understanding Asia, innovation, and leadership training to catalyse your success in Singapore and Asia
1 WEEK IMMERSION IN SINGAPORE
Meet with top leaders in hospitals and healthcare corporations, pitch to world class investors, and meet with fellow startups in Singapore
1 WEEK IMMERSION IN MELBOURNE (Optional)
Connect with the Australian healthcare and innovation ecosystem and attend the MedTech Actuator Annual Showcase
1:1 Strategy Sessions
Why should you apply?
The goal of this program is to accelerate the growth of the Spanish company in Asia, leveraging on Singapore’s world class startup and healthcare ecosystems, and using Singapore as a landing pad to reach the South East Asian and Australian markets.
Companies will have the opportunity to:
- Learn more about the Asian ecosystem and how to operate in it;
- Gain access to facilitated meetings with top management of ecosystem stakeholders that are beneficial for the company’s commercial success
- Pitch their business to top venture capital firms
- Be matched with a personal mentor for 2 months to guide the company on how to navigate the Singaporean ecosystem
How should you apply?
Desafía Singapore is a public initiative sponsored by ICEX that helps Spanish companies scale faster and globally in Singapore’s and South Asia’s markets.
Participation in this programme is free.
Companies only have to cover travel, accommodation and living expenses while in Singapore.
ICEX, Economic and Trade Singapore’s Office in Singapore and MedTech Actuator will study the companies’ profiles and their proposals. A group of 6-8 companies will selected based on the following considerations:
- Uniqueness and degree of innovation in technology
- Technology Readiness Level of innovation
- Regulatory approval status of technology
- Go-to-market strategy and business model of company
- Readiness of team to expand to Singapore/Asia
Below are some of the feedbacks that the startups have provided on the programme from the survey at the end of the programme as well:
Adamo Robot (2021)
LUZ Global (2022)